The majority of celebrities in the news who divorce, have long, drawn-out, drama-filled divorces, fighting over money, homes and child custody and support. Recently, however, one celebrity couple who divorced, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, reached a divorce settlement in record time. They set an example on how to end a relationship with a minimum amount of dissension and stress, an example that all divorcing couples should follow.
When a couple decides to divorce, their goal should be to end the relationship quickly and amicably. Listed below are five benefits to settling your divorce in this manner.
- Less Money Spent: Reaching a divorce settlement quickly will minimize attorney fees, thus leaving more money for you, your ex and your children. It’s best to head into your new life with as many resources as possible.
- Better for Children: It’s always easier on the children when the divorce is settled quickly and amicably. Your children do not need the stress or feel the hurt of watching their parents fight through a long divorce settlement.
- Less Stressful: The more quickly a divorce is over, the less stress and drama you will suffer.
- Lessens the Hurt: By agreeing to a quick settlement, you can cut your ties, and thus your feelings of anger and hurt, to your former spouse.
- Beginning a New Life Sooner: Ending an unhappy marriage will give you the opportunity to start a new life and forge new relationships. The more quickly your divorce settlement is reached, the sooner your new life will begin.
After you have made the decision to file for divorce, contact an experienced divorce attorney who will explain your options and assist you in reaching a divorce settlement quickly and amicably, thus avoiding the stress, frustration and financial burdens that come with a long, drawn-out divorce settlement.