Monthly Archives: March 2012

Custody of Children When Parents are in Different States

Generally, when you and the other parent of your children can’t agree on who should get custody you both go down to the courthouse, get an order from the judge, and that’s that. But things can get a bit more complicated when the other parent lives in a different state...

Read More

What’s the Deal With Common Law Marriages?

Many have heard of common law marriage, and wonder if simply living with a partner will result in their being married. The short answer is that Florida generally does not recognize common law marriage. Common law marriage is a way to get married to someone without having a written marital...

Read More